Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp to Stamp Serial — Parallax Forums

Stamp to Stamp Serial

LSBLSB Posts: 175
edited 2007-01-25 03:29 in General Discussion
Gentlemen--
I'm wiring two stamps for serial communication with flow control. In the help file, the stamps are shown with only a 10K pulling FC to ground; as results are not what I expected I referred to an old NV article that shows a similar diagram, but with 470 ohm resistors wired in a splitter fashion across the 10K. The board was designed without, are these critical? I believe these are referred to as "cheap insurance" in other articles, but as I say, I'm not getting the results ("Hello") I expect and I'm suffering the doubt that comes with unexpected difficulties.
As to the serial problem...
Nothing... nada, carefully checked software, pin assignments, wiring, and etcetera. Outputting high, low (blink) on both pins shows definite continuity between boards, but debug screen remains blank. Any troubleshooting advice?
The code is exactly (cut and pasted) from the help file, but… Can ya help a brother out?

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-01-24 15:02
    LSB,

Please verify your actual connections against the code as there is a small error in the example code in the manual. The Serial and FC pins are reversed in the code. Make sure both programs are using the correct serial and FC pins. I hope this helps. Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • LSBLSB Posts: 175
    edited 2007-01-25 03:29
    Yes, it certainly did. Thanks Chris.