Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Robot Controller board rev 2.00 now available — Parallax Forums

Propeller Robot Controller board rev 2.00 now available

Brian RileyBrian Riley Posts: 626
edited 2007-01-23 01:55 in Propeller 1
Rev 2.00 of the PRC has been received from the fabrication house been built up and proved out and is now ready for public consumption. The new board is essentially the same as the old board, which was sold out. However it may be configured to use the USB2SER or the Propeller Plug. Further, power traces have been beefed up and all of the solder side ground connection converted to 'thermal pads' for easier soldering. If you have built your own programming interface, there is provision to add a 5th pin and draw 3.3v from the PRC board to power the interface. The PRC parts kit has been revised, there will no longer be any need to do a lot of cutting of connectors. They will be pre-cut.

The PRC-IO daughter boards, the PRC-VGIO and the PRC-TVIO boards are debugged. The VGIO board has VGA and 2 PS2 connectors. the TVIO has composite video (RCA jack) and 2 PS2 and data and power connections for up to 2 full duplex RS232 serial ports. They will be submitted for production early this week. They should be available for shipping by the second week in February.

The webpage has been redone, new pictures, parts lists, etc. I expect to be posting the revised Builder's Notes in the next two days.

www.wulfden.org/PRC/

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cheers ... brian riley, n1bq, underhill center, vermont
See the K107 Serial LCD Controller at
www.wulfden.org/k107/

Comments

• John R.John R. Posts: 1,376
    edited 2007-01-23 01:55
    I realize it's too late for this version, but would offer the suggestion of a jumper on the reset line from the programming connections. With the jumper in place, the board would be set up for programming. With the jumper removed, or possibly set to connect to another pin, the programming interface could be used for PC (or other) serial communication without the worry of resetting the Propeller.

I'm very happy with the Rev 1.02 board that I have.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    John R.

8 + 8 = 10