Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with the command format — Parallax Forums

Help with the command format

KC8DKTKC8DKT Posts: 76
edited 2007-02-04 03:16 in Propeller 1
· I have found some X-10 info "PDF at bottum" but still can not seem to get my Obj to work right.· Take a look and please give any help/feedback.·· I am working with SPIN only.· That could be my problem?

Post Edited (KC8DKT) : 2/4/2007 2:31:29 PM GMT

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-01-22 16:41
    You only posted the technical note about the X-10 interfaces. You'll need to tell us about how you've connected the X-10 interface to your Propeller and post your Spin code. Spin should work fine at the speeds needed for AC signalling. It's good for half-duplex serial at least up to 9600 Baud.
  • KC8DKTKC8DKT Posts: 76
    edited 2007-01-22 17:40
    attachment.php?attachmentid=73913
    sry about the bad english...tongue.gif

Post Edited (KC8DKT) : 1/22/2007 5:45:15 PM GMT
    596 x 86 - 6K
    edited 2007-01-22 19:15
    What have you tried so far? What have you figured out? How have you actually hooked up an X-10 interface (and which one is it)?

If you're asking whether someone has already done this and could you please have a copy, then ask that. If you haven't already done so,
    you should check the Propeller Object Exchange linked from the Propeller page on the Parallax main website. I don't think there's anything
    in there on X-10, but that's where you should start to see if someone's already done this.

If you're asking for help/advice/assistance, then ask for that, but start by describing what you've done so far, what's worked, what's not worked,
    and what you seem to be stuck on. If you don't understand the stuff in the X-10 description you've posted, then you're asking for someone to do
    the job for you. There are some X-10 controllers on the market that are designed to connect to a PC serial port and translate a character string
    into the pulses needed for the X-10 control and one of these could be made to work with a Propeller doing character I/O with one of the existing
    serial objects in the Propeller library. That could get you up and going quickly. Otherwise, you're going to have to begin by understanding what
    X-10 is and how it works and break down what you need to do into small pieces (look for a signal here, delay x milliseconds, then do something
    else, etc.) that you can either figure out yourself or ask for suggestions here once you've gotten that far.
    edited 2007-01-23 18:48
    I have the PSC05 Pro Interface module "same as the TW-523" that I used with my BS2Px. I have the same 2 wire hookup as the BS2P manual/help shows. I just have no clue what to do next. I am messing with trying to send the ALL ON and ALL off because there is no SwitchID or HOUSE code need to be sent. Just need a starting point and the PDF info is lacking or just over my head. There is nothing on X-10 in the Object Exchange and no BitBash of the "XOut" command info anywhere I can find.
    edited 2007-01-23 19:40
    First you have to figure out what you have to do for the bit-banging. The PDF describes what's needed to send a bit in figure 6 and the text referring to it. You need to understand this first. Pages 4 and 5 go into all the detail needed. Once you think you understand this, come back and explain to me what the Propeller needs to do functionally (make this signal high, wait x ms, etc.) and we'll go over some ideas of how to do that with a program. Also notice the circuit diagram for the TW-523 and figure out how you'd need to connect it to the Propeller.

You're going to have to do the work. The PDF has the clues.
    edited 2007-01-23 22:50
    Sounds good an thanks for the help/time. I think my big problem right now is understanding the timeing. I think my big problem right now is just the timing. Atleast now I know for sure I have the needed info "if the PDF is right" to work with.
    edited 2007-02-04 03:16
    · I got it working.· Instead of pulling the PIN Low I installed a 3.3k pulldown and switched the pin from Input/OutPut-High.·· Before the pin was left as an output and flipped High/Low.·· No clue Y this fixed it but it did.· If anyone with better english would like to clean it up and repost here is the code.·· All it does right now is turn Switch(House A,Unit 0) On & Off.

· Trimmed some fat off the code and fixed some of the comment info.
    · Pin3 "Rx" is a PullUp yo 3.3v NOT a PullDown· "my bad in last post"

Post Edited (KC8DKT) : 2/4/2007 2:34:21 PM GMT