Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Question about BS2p and BS2px of 24-Pin Module — Parallax Forums

Question about BS2p and BS2px of 24-Pin Module

whymaybewhymaybe Posts: 5
edited 2007-01-21 00:57 in BASIC Stamp
Hello all,

I'd like to know if anybody know the pulse period (or pulse frequency generated by the pulseout function in PBASIC) of the BS2p and BS2px microcontroller. ( I want a controller that can generate a <10 us pulse period and dont know if they fit or not. I am sure that the BS2 wont fit in this case)

Another question is that, I am wondering if these two chips fit into the "Board of Education Development Board".

These questions are in urgent and I hope somebody can give me some information.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-01-21 00:24
    Hello,

These answers are in both the Help File within the BASIC Stamp Editor as well as the BASIC Stamp Manual. Please look in the section for the PULSOUT command. Both Modules are compatible with the BOE.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • whymaybewhymaybe Posts: 5
    edited 2007-01-21 00:57
    Thanks,

Actually I think I makes some mistakes on my question. Actually I dont want to use the Pulsout function, instead, I want to make a clock function which High and Low a Pin. my test on the BS2 chips shows that it takes around 500us. ( I heard that if I delcare the I/O type of the pin at the beginning will help fasten the process, but not fast enough). So anyone knows is it possible i can get the clock period to around 10us using the BS2p and BS2px??

Thanks.