Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Answer a cell phone with Stamp? — Parallax Forums

Answer a cell phone with Stamp?

FlyingFishFingerFlyingFishFinger Posts: 461
edited 2007-01-20 10:12 in BASIC Stamp
Hello
I have succeeded in remote-controlling my RC tank over the phone line,but this relies on a phone line thether within a given household. Now, my circuit also accepts normal tone input, so I can use the headset jack on a cell-phone to control equipment. However, I'm wondering if there are any cell-phone models or functions that will allow a Stamp to detect a ringing·condition and answer it without hardware hacks. I can, of course, tap the vibration motor, but that would involve destroying the phone. Is there any way around this?
Thanks
Rafael

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
You've got to play the game.
You can't win.
You can't break even, except on a very cold day.
It doesn't get that cold.
~Laws of Thermodynamics~

Comments

• latigerlillylatigerlilly Posts: 114
    edited 2007-01-20 10:12
    Hi,

I am not sure if I understand your question. I think you are asking how to detect a ringing cell phone without destroying the phone?

I have a Nokia 3220. It will light 4 LED's plus the LCD screen whenever it rings. I would simply use a photoresistor to detect the ringing cell phone.

Build the circuit featured on page 195 of "Robotics with the Boe-Bot". You may have to adjust the values of the resistors used in the circuit as described on page 199. Some example programming code is on page 200. I think that the book is downloadable off the Parallax website.

Here is a pic of my cell phone:
    www.gsmarena.com/nokia_3220-801.php

Good luck,
    Lilly.