Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ezlcd002 display — Parallax Forums

ezlcd002 display

Joe McClureJoe McClure Posts: 21
edited 2007-01-20 14:56 in Propeller 1
Hi all,
Does anyone have any experience hooking up the prop to the ezlcd002 (an 001 with a touch screen)?
I have tried the color_selector_m.spin (for the ezlcd004) code, modifying the command constants to match the 002, but nothing seems to work. I have tried inverted/non-inverted mode (to see if that was it) to no avail.
I know the display is working because·I have a bs2 that controls it just fine.
When·I finally (out of frustration) just ran the color_selector_m code without modifying the command constants I (naturally)·got screwyness on the display. Which is what·I expected (at the most) since the command constants didn't match. But at least I knew then that the display would respond, albeit unfavorably.

To make things simple, the code I have running is the color_selector_m.spin modified to simply send a light_on command (with the correct value for a 002), but still nothing.
Has anyone out there tinkered with the ezlcd001 or 002?

Thanks,
Joe

Comments

• James LongJames Long Posts: 1,181
    edited 2007-01-19 18:07
    Joe,

I have not personally connected the 002 to a propeller, but I do have a 004 that I have been working with. I suggest you try the communication pins. I found they were backward from what I expected. I found this right away.....and I didn't have to ask anyone.

Also I know that if you disable some of the functions of the 002 (with the firmware) other things stop working. I read this on the EZ yahoo group and can't give specifics.....I didn't read that close.

Sorry I couldn't be more help,

James L
  • Joe McClureJoe McClure Posts: 21
    edited 2007-01-19 20:40
    Mystery solved.
    Don't ya love it when you figure it out yourself, but hate it when it was so right before your eyes to begin with?
    I had done everything correct EXCEPT that I had inverted the RX pin not the TX pin.
    What a dope I am. I wish I could blame it on something other than lack of attention to detail.

Anyway, thanks James.

Cheers
    Joe
    edited 2007-01-19 20:49
    I'm of the opinion.....doesn't matter the problem or who solved it......the dang thing works......!!!!1

Glad you see you have it working.

Have fun,

James L
  • KC8DKTKC8DKT Posts: 76
    edited 2007-01-20 08:22
    How you like your 004 James? I just started working with mine on the Propeller setup. LOVE the 115k over the RS232. The BS2Px was stuck at 19200 because I used the Cal XY input it any faster would drop the last 8 pits of the X return.
    edited 2007-01-20 11:19
    Man.....it is great......but I do have a few complaints. I wish there were just a few commands that are not provided. Like a thick arc command(more than one arc of pixels). Or a pie fill.

Other than that....it's extremely slick. I'll be posting my final project pictures when I'm done........I'm creating a product to sell, and it should be finished within two months.

James L
  • El PaisaEl Paisa Posts: 375
    edited 2007-01-20 14:56
    I love my ezLCD-004 specially v2.9
    Have any one try the build in SD card reader?