Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
VSCL questions — Parallax Forums

VSCL questions

asterickasterick Posts: 158
edited 2007-01-23 22:43 in Propeller 1
I've been reading the documentation, and I understand what the pixel clocks does, and what frame clocks is suppose to mean...

My question is... what happens when frame clock is less than or greater than the number of cycles it would take to shift out all the pixels?

I would assume that less than would cause the shifter to stop shifting output after frame clocks is over, and just stop on what ever value it is on...

Like if it stopped early, it would stick on the last pixel serialized and wait for a reload... and if it was too many cycles, it would start outputting color 0 (?)

Or am I completely off

Comments

• Ym2413aYm2413a Posts: 630
    edited 2007-01-23 20:18
    I think your right.
    I know of a few graphics engines on the Hydra that only shift out 4 pixels at a time.

I'm not sure what it would do though if it ran short. Either repeat the buffer... or stop at the last value in the buffer...
    Another thing to test.

Asterick do you have a Prop chip yet to play with?
  • asterickasterick Posts: 158
    edited 2007-01-23 20:52
    Tragically, no. Since I piggybacked my propeller demo board order with a component shipment at work, I have to wait for people in logistics to actually make the order, send it out, and wait for it to ship. I'm almost certain I'm getting close to having it. We had some emergency condition weather last week, so that might have slowed down the digikey stuff a bit.

It's no more than 4 days away, I would say.
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-01-23 22:43
    You assumption about the first situation is true, when there is not enough data to fill a frame the last packet is repeated.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.