13»

Comments

• PocketLintPocketLint Posts: 31
    edited 2007-01-24 21:36
    do you have a mouse plugged in?
  • Brian_BBrian_B Posts: 841
    edited 2007-01-24 21:54
    Bob,
    No mouse plugged in , I'm at work right now and will be home in 2 hours . don't make any changes until I can verify that everything is still set up the way it's suppose to be.

Brian
    edited 2007-01-24 22:17
    Bob,
    Your down loading threw the mini usb not the usb to serial ,right.

Brian
    edited 2007-01-24 22:46
    Correct, on board USB
    edited 2007-01-24 23:34
    Sorry Bob,
    Everthing checks out ,still not loading .

Brian
    edited 2007-01-24 23:47
    Bob,
    Heres somthing new when I hit send file I can see the tx light blinking , but won't come out of load mode . I only use "load " And then return right

Brian
    edited 2007-01-25 00:45
    Bob,
    Things are looking brighter If I type in load on the hydra it goes into wait mode .Then if I type a @ in the HT it lets the hydra go back to ready . If i go to load a file i can see the light blink on the hydra but it don't hand control back over to the basic , heres the file i'm tring to send. Were so close smile.gif

: 10 PRINT " hello "
    @

Thank's Brian
    edited 2007-01-25 01:01
    I'm checking more..

Remember, CTRL+X on the HYDRA will abort most operations in HTB. Including LOAD. Not much help with your issue but it does keep the hydra from losing user control.
    edited 2007-01-25 01:25
    Bob,
    CTRL +X isn't working , I tried loading a file that just had a @ , still won't let it go , the only way it lets it go is if I type a @ as soon as I put it into load mode . Somthing to note is that the more times you try to load the more messed up the basic program gets , I think the EEprom is getting over writen. Is that possible , if I reload the basic it will work ok for a while but gains little bugs the more you try to load it.

Thanks, Brian
    edited 2007-01-25 01:29
    ooppps, CTRL+C is the abort not CTRL+X
    edited 2007-01-25 01:32
    ok ,that works
    edited 2007-01-25 21:54
    I meant the control c works . not the loading .
    edited 2007-01-27 02:45
    Did we give up on basic ??

Brian
    edited 2007-01-31 23:16
    Are we ?
    A) Giving up on basic.
    B) Giving up on loading programs through hyperterminal.
    C) Working on newer and better version , don't bug us.
    D) We are happy with a useless program.
  • Ym2413aYm2413a Posts: 630
    edited 2007-02-01 16:48
    I'd say A.

Try Spin.
    edited 2007-02-01 17:44
    I was working on trying to get this to work just as hard as pocketlint was. It would be really nice to ask questions to the person that wrote it , instead of having to go through every line of code one at a time. Sorry for trying to help.

Brian
  • Ym2413aYm2413a Posts: 630
    edited 2007-02-01 18:26
    I guess it doesn't have very good support then.
    All I know is when I saw it. I though (Wow, this version of basic is so pointless. you can't do anything with it!) Not to sound mean or anything.
    I remember basic on the C64 and TI99. With graphics and sound commands and math functions and other cool things!
    With both you could "Do something" other then make little pointless loops.

Really I can't see any point in using Hydra Basic. Other then to play around with for five minutes.
    The new LOGO coming out looks a lot more promising.

Also there has been a better version of basic released for the propeller already and it's been ported to the Hydra.
    It supports saving. I think both EEPROM and SD card. I'd use that instead... and it's got much better support!

Hydra Basic is more or less a toy or demo.
    It shows that something like this could be done with the Hydra and it might be fun to play around with.

Post Edited (Ym2413a) : 2/1/2007 6:31:16 PM GMT
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2007-02-03 09:02
    That's just it, its a toy basic, "Tiny basic" with source, for hydra owners to play with and have a starting point if they want to mod it. Also, shows it IS possible to make a pure ASM interpreter with the Propeller even though there is on 512 words per cog, and there is no stack.

But, we did it a year ago, to get real work done, use SPIN or ASM.

When we release another BASIC in ASM it will be much improved, but writing basic in ASM is about 100x harder than SPIN. You can write a basic in spin in a few days, but its so slow, we opted to make one in ASM to prove the concept.

If you want to use a basic like language a someone made a tiny basic in spin Radical Eye software, and posted it on here, then Mike green has been adding to it, but its in spin and double interpreted, but if you don't need speed its easy to add things to and you can port it to the HYDRA very easily, takes a few minutes really.

Andre'
    ·
    edited 2007-02-03 13:16
    Andre',
    Don't get me wrong , I think that basic is a work of art. You have to had worked with assembly to apreciate it . I've been studing it line for line in hopes of turning it into a on chip assembler. Could you ask Robert to look in once in awhile to answer questions about his code ?

Thanks ,Brian

PS. Sorry about the 8 hour days crack (if you didn't see it ,never mind) smile.gif
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2007-02-16 02:34
    Robert tries to view this as much as he can, he has a 80 hr a week job, so he has little time. If there is something pressing, PM him or something, but he takes a few days to respond to me many times since he is so busy. The best thing to do is write a basic in ASM from scratch rather than try to reverse engineer his, since that would probably take a lot longer to do, just writing one would be easier.

Andre'