Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How many Plot Points — Parallax Forums

How many Plot Points

bambinobambino Posts: 789
edited 2007-01-18 13:24 in Propeller 1
Using the tv and graphics objects: How many samples of Simple X,Y data could the screen display?
ie: Would 2048 data samples be a problem without losing resolution?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-01-17 16:21
    Assuming you're talking about a graphics display, the TV is limited to about 256 pixels horizontally and about 192 pixels vertically (16 x 12 tiles of 16 x 16 pixels each), so you could display 256 samples on one screen. If you limited the vertical dimension to 96 pixels, you could get two 1/2 screen graphs for a total of 512 points (with no axis or other markings). There is a graphics driver for a 512 x 384 VGA display which is about all you can get with a bitmapped graphics display on the Propeller (due to memory limitations).
  • bambinobambino Posts: 789
    edited 2007-01-17 16:54
    That is a big help, Thanks.

Hmmm, Maybe I could make a percentage chart(100 up and 100 Across) and do some conversions on my data. Displaying them this way would still represent my curve farly well.

Is it 5 O'clock yet? I here my prop a calling.shocked.gif
  • Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,507
    edited 2007-01-18 11:53
    You could add a mouse controlled zoom feature, that would be nice.

Graham
  • bambinobambino Posts: 789
    edited 2007-01-18 13:24
    Graham,

Funny you mentioned that. My first thought when Mike gave me the run down was to make it full size with a scrolling feature. All my client really needs is to confirm a bell curve with the data and a percentile graph would show a curve verses a straight or saw tooth pattern reasonably. After this there will be more funding for the project and then maybe I can back up and add something like that.

Sorry, there won't be any room for a mouse on this one though. Just some tactile switches and hopefully and SD card.