Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Motorola dct2224 Serial I/O tuner — Parallax Forums

Motorola dct2224 Serial I/O tuner

D1ND1N Posts: 2
edited 2007-01-15 02:25 in BASIC Stamp
I would like to start a project using the parallax basic stamp homework board as a DCT2224 digital tuner (in PBASIC) for changing channels at random. I have some example code developed and the application works great when your connected via serial interface PC --> DCT2224. You can select your com port and change channels. Now what I want to do is add another serial interface to the Basic Stamp Homework Board so I can stay connected via pc and watch the debug in Basic Stamp Editor then from the Basic Stamp Homework Board connect to the DCT2224 digital cable box. I'm sure this is possible but I would like to know before I start does anyone have any suggestions and is it possible to add a second serial I/O to the Basic Stamp Homework Board?

I have attached the example program and source code along with some pictures to get an idea of what i'm working with. All help is greatly appreciated!

Post Edited (D1N) : 1/14/2007 2:20:42 PM GMT
400 x 300 - 236K
400 x 300 - 268K

Comments

• PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2007-01-14 15:50
    All Stamp I/O pins can be used for serial communication.
  • LSBLSB Posts: 175
    edited 2007-01-14 15:56
    Be careful of the voltage difference betwee the BS and the PC-- look at the datasheet on any of the Maxim Max232 chips for details. Google PC Stamp communications for all the info-- Also a search of his forum will yeild MANY previous posts.
  • D1ND1N Posts: 2
    edited 2007-01-15 02:25
    Thank you both PJ Allen and LSB.
    LSB said...
    Be careful of the voltage difference betwee the BS and the PC-- look at the datasheet on any of the Maxim Max232 chips for details. Google PC Stamp communications for all the info-- Also a search of his forum will yeild MANY previous posts.

Yes, I have been researching the voltage and ways to regulate it, I will check out the Max232 chips for details as well as search google for PC Stamp Communications. Thanks once again.
    PJ Allen said...
    All Stamp I/O pins can be used for serial communication.

Sweet! Thanks that what I needed to know regarding the serial communication. If I have anymore questions can I put them in this thread?

Cheers!