Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
basic stamp II tone generator — Parallax Forums

basic stamp II tone generator

mike mocentermike mocenter Posts: 4
edited 2007-01-11 01:25 in BASIC Stamp
freaked.gif

Have a request to build a variable tone generator with a bs2 or similar.· I need to have 6 push buttons and with each button, i need to vary the freq with some sort of thumbwheel switch (one/push button) to change the freq while each button is pressed.· output is a speaker anyone have any· designs (code/schematic) that have been tested like this?· appreciate the help.

Comments

• PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2007-01-10 23:42
    I guess you will want to use your push-button to initiate a reading of your thumb-wheel switch/es (??).· Then you would go to a FREQOUT based on the value that you read.·

Instructions to research would be: INPUT, BUTTON, IF...THEN, GOTO, FREQOUT

You will find that you can't stay/dwell in FREQOUT indefinitely, your tone/freq will output for a given time (it's not a "set it and forget it" situation.)· I may be that you can re-start a FREQOUT cycle, but there may be a hitch in the output (which may be discernable.)

How's that?
  • mike mocentermike mocenter Posts: 4
    edited 2007-01-11 01:25
    thanks P.J. I wanted to have the frequency change when i press the individual push buttons down as i rotate the thumbwheel switch i.e. sound goes up or down in freq as the thumbwheel is changed.