Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
video generator — Parallax Forums

video generator

mike goettlingmike goettling Posts: 31
edited 2007-01-12 10:51 in Propeller 1
is there any docs on the video gernerator to show how it works. also beter info on the commands work with it.

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-01-10 00:20
    Official (and free) docs on the video generator are several months away, until then those wanting more information should check out the Hydra manual which does a good job explaining the video generator on the Propeller.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • mike goettlingmike goettling Posts: 31
    edited 2007-01-10 00:32
    is that chapter avalable online. i realy don't what to spend $70 for one chapter. i am working with text and i am not intersted in gaming.
    edited 2007-01-10 01:08
    Unfortunatly that chapter is not availible, but the ones which are will likely provide you with some nuggets of information not availible in the manual.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker

Parallax, Inc.
  • mike goettlingmike goettling Posts: 31
    edited 2007-01-11 00:21
    they are or are not in the manual. the last part of your statement i am unsure about.
    edited 2007-01-11 00:48
    The information you seek (in chapter 14 of the Hydra Manual) is not availible for download. However you can learn some other things related to video on the Propeller through the chapters which are availible for download.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker

Parallax, Inc.
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2007-01-11 00:54
    I know it sounds like a rip to have to buy the book to get info about the video generator. But I bought the Hyrda, and the book is very good, and does have alot of good info about the other propeller hardware too.

Andre' spent alot of time figuring out how the video generator works, and he deserves some reward for it.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheap used 4-digit LED display with driver IC·www.hc4led.com

Low power SD Data Logger www.sddatalogger.com
    SX-Video Display Modules www.sxvm.com
    Stuff I'm selling on ebay http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhittconsultingQQhtZ-1

"USA Today has come out with a new survey - apparently, three out of every four people make up 75% of the population." - David Letterman
  • GavinGavin Posts: 134
    edited 2007-01-12 10:51
    I figured Andre has an inside edge on the prop and so I just ordered the book.
    Very low cost for me to learn what he learned the hard way.
    A real bargian for advancing my prop skills, might even learn about games too.

Gavin