Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Thermometer and Broken Board? — Parallax Forums

Thermometer and Broken Board?

ctpaquettectpaquette Posts: 2
edited 2007-01-09 11:57 in BASIC Stamp
Hey everyone,

If anyone would be kind enough to help me out a little. I'm new to BASIC programming (I'm working on it for a class and a grant that the class received). I'm currently working on a thermometer that will read the current temp. and display it in the debug statement, while turning on an LED if it goes past a certain temp. I have everything in place (Analog to Digital Converter, Thermometer, LED) and I turn on the board, and the computer cant read the chip. This is the second board I used that is having this problem. Does anyone have any tips or idea whats going on? Thanks for the help...

Chris

Comments

• Desy2820Desy2820 Posts: 138
    edited 2007-01-09 11:57
    This could be several different things, but start by disconnecting all the accesories from the Stamp and power.· Then see if the computer can find the Stamp.· With everything disconnected, try a fresh battery and the Hello World program.· Does this work?

Other ideas:
    What board(s) are you using for the Stamp?
    How are you powering the board?··Verify that your voltage isn't too high.· (Some·supplies with no/little load will output twice the voltage they should, causing the regulator to shut down.)·
    How are you powering the accesories?· From the stamp (can't draw·more than 50mA)?
    Are you using a USB adapter?· Is it recommended by Parallax?· Are the FTDI drivers installed?· Tried adjusting the FIFO buffer settings?