Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp resetting with Servo on AUXIO? — Parallax Forums

Stamp resetting with Servo on AUXIO?

FlyingFishFingerFlyingFishFinger Posts: 461
edited 2007-01-10 03:16 in BASIC Stamp
I want to control a servo based on recieved DTMF. Both the recieving and the servo alone work, but when I put it together it doesn't. Here's the Setup:
The servo is on an AUXIO pin. When I recieve a call, the Stamp activates a relay and decodes the tones. When I recieve a certain one, I switch to AUXIO and give the servo a pulse, then I return to MAINIO and keep monitoring for tones. The idea is that when the same tone is still present, the servo gets triggered again and keeps getting pulsed till the tone stops. That's the theory.
Practically, however, as soon as the servo gets pulsed once, the relay (which is on MAINIO) turns off, interrupting the phone call. Then I have to start from scratch.
The interesting thing is, if I disconnect the servo keeping the same code, it returns and keeps monitoring the tones without problems...
Rafael

Edit: A LED instead of the servo with a simple HIGH command works...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
You've got to play the game.
You can't win.
You can't break even, except on a very cold day.
It doesn't get that cold.
~Laws of Thermodynamics~

Post Edited (FlyingFishFinger) : 1/9/2007 12:35:28 AM GMT

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2007-01-09 10:25
    Rafael -

Do you have a back-EMF diode on the relay? If not, you need one, or you may destroy your Stamp!

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-01-09 15:59
    How do you have the relay connected and how is the servo being powered? Perhaps a connection diagram of the system would narrow things down.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • FlyingFishFingerFlyingFishFinger Posts: 461
    edited 2007-01-10 03:16
    Hi-
    The relay does have a protection diode. I am driving it through a 2N2222 transistor on MAINIO. The servo is connected to the main power supply, G. Daubach's 5V switching regulator (LM2574), and a signal pin on AUXIO.

Rafael

Edit: I just realized that the build-in regulator on his board can only deliver 500ma...I will try swapping it for a higher power one and see what happens.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    You've got to play the game.
    You can't win.
    You can't break even, except on a very cold day.
    It doesn't get that cold.
    ~Laws of Thermodynamics~

Post Edited (FlyingFishFinger) : 1/10/2007 3:22:36 AM GMT