Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Gyroscope signal integration — Parallax Forums

Gyroscope signal integration

edited 2007-01-09 14:26 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I need to integrate the signal of a gyroscope. Is this possible while making other calculations? I'm using a BS 2px. I'm trying to make a balancing robot...

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2007-01-09 10:21
    Philip -

Sure, you just have to make sure that you access the gyroscope as often as your balancing algorithm requires. In other words, don't get too wrapped up with long sections of other code without re-visting the balance-detection routine.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • CCraigCCraig Posts: 163
    edited 2007-01-09 14:26
    I went to the local hobby store to buy a gyro and went away empty handed for this reason.

I couldn't figure out if I needed a 'heading lock' gyro ($80); or a normal one ($40).

You can guess which one they wanted me to buy. My app. was going to pulse to it and read back the course correction. It was not going to actively power a servo. The hobby guy said the 'heading lock' would continue to send back a correction pulse until back on course. The normal one would send back just one pulse. (didn't sound right to me). I was then worried on how to set the heading on the 'heading lock' gyro. I guess you send a turn pulse then center it.??

Anyway, it was candy for my project, so I put it on hold. It serves me right for going in without a Google. I was driving by and got pulled in by the Dark Side.

HTH, Chris