Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Problem with BASIC Editor HELP — Parallax Forums

Problem with BASIC Editor HELP

Jeff_BledsoeJeff_Bledsoe Posts: 10
edited 2007-01-09 00:28 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Following the WAM course, chapter 1, I tried pulling down HELP/INDEX and typing DEBUG.· When I try to type something, the BASIC Editor application locks up and I have to kill the application.· I tried it several times.· I'm running XP.· I'm able to scroll down and select DEBUG or anything else in the list, it's just the typing/search feature that causes a problem.· Everything else worked in Chapter 1.

Any ideas?· Should I move this question to another forum?

Thanks,

Jeff

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Jeffrey Bledsoe, PE

jpbledsoe@yahoo.com

Comments

• edited 2007-01-08 19:31
    Yes, the BASIC Stamp Editor's Help feature did not survive one of Windows XP's service packs. We are working on a replacement.

In the meantime,·download and use the BASIC Stamp Manual. It's available from www.parallax.com -> Downloads -> Documentation. Adobe's PDF reader has an excellent search function that shows a list of matches to any term you search for along the right side. It really enhances the PDF version of the BASIC Stamp Manual.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Andy Lindsay

Education Department
    Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Andy Lindsay (Parallax)) : 1/8/2007 8:03:55 PM GMT
  • edited 2007-01-08 20:16
    Another thing to try would be starting the Help feature from the Windows Start Menu. My computer freezes the Help feature whenever I try to start it from the BASIC Stamp Editor, but it works fine when I start it from the Windows Start Menu as follows:

Click Start, then select All Programs -> Parallax, Inc -> BASIC Stamp Editor -> Help (PBASIC Syntax)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Andy Lindsay

Education Department
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Jeff_BledsoeJeff_Bledsoe Posts: 10
    edited 2007-01-09 00:28
    Thanks, I'll try your suggestions.

Jeff

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jeffrey Bledsoe, PE

jpbledsoe@yahoo.com