Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
TriMotor Takes Wing — Parallax Forums

TriMotor Takes Wing

KenBashKenBash Posts: 68
edited 2007-01-08 11:18 in Propeller 1
Attached is a photo of my latest controller board. I call it the TriMotor.··I needed more I/O than what a single propeller was·able to do and wanted to have a bit of extra "Horsepower" for a multi-axis machine I built recently··so I stuffed 3 Propellers on a single board.·· (Yeah... I know, Chip is going to make this obsolete in a short time... with the new Propeller but I had an immediate need. )·

·I could have done it with a "Twin engine" but couldn't·resist putting three Propellers on the same board.
( for a total of 24, 32 bit processors... just to give SeaForth a run for the money)··

All three Propellers talk to each other over 3 shared·I/O lines.

Propeller A··has most of the functions·necessary to do simple machine control, VGA, RS-232, Mouse, Keyboard, and a few I/O's. ·· I·put·in an 8 channel 12 bit 200khz· analog input section, but I haven't actually made use of it yet.· I haven't really counted my I/O, but I have a Male 37Pin at one end and a Female 37 Pin at the other and all the pins are connected somewhere.

Propeller·B is primarily for Communications talking both RS-232 and USB, but it has the extra I/O I needed to run the other two Axis on·my machine.

·Propeller C is just sort-of "There" so far, but I expect to make use of it on a future product.

Has anyone else done anything like this?· My on-board communication function is pretty crude.·I'd be interested in what someone else might have·for·multiple processor to processor communication.·

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
" Anything worth doing... is worth overdoing. "

··············································· ( R.A.H. )
····································
600 x 450 - 78K

Comments

• GavinGavin Posts: 134
    edited 2007-01-08 11:18
    Cool controller, I have been running low on I/O on my single prop version, perhap I should add another prop.
    Use it for a Hexapod controller?

Gavin