Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
HELP! (led circuit with basic stamp) — Parallax Forums

HELP! (led circuit with basic stamp)

blackleonblackleon Posts: 1
edited 2007-01-07 12:43 in BASIC Stamp
Hello everybody and happy new year!!!!I want some adviseabout making a led circuit with the basic stamp microcontroller. Thecircuit must have :1)6 leds connected to the microcontroller.The leds must light in a waythat i want each time.For example one after another.2)The circuit must communicate with the pc with a serial or paraller port.I don't know how theleds can take data from keyboard to light.Perhaps ihave to do a program in vb? or java? or c? or assemply?(does anybodyknow?)It would be nice if there is a push button with label "power on" and when i click on it,the leds will light.Unfortunately i don't know how to program the microcontroller to do allthese things.Your advise would be very helpful because it's the first time i am seriously working in a project likethis.Thank you all for your time!<!-- toctype = X-unknown --><!-- toctype = text --><!-- text -->

Comments

• ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2007-01-07 12:37
    Download and work your way thru th examples in What's a Micontroller here www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28152

You can accomplish your circuit using a BS2 or a Homework board, 6 resistors, 6 LED's and the Debug command in Parallax Basic. No other programs are needed.
  • stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2007-01-07 12:43
    Overall, your project is not too complicated, but it will require some research on your part.

I'd suggest you use the "What is a Microcontroller" text downloaded from the Parallax site. Using it, you will learn how to safely connect the LEDs and switches to the stamp.

Then, develop your program so the stamp generates the LED patterns you want.

Finally, get the stamp to respond to the serial communication. On the PC, you can just use the STAMP development software and its built-in debug features. Or, if you wish, you can write a program in any language you choose to send and receive data from the stamp.

Good luck.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tom Sisk

http://www.siskconsult.com
    ·