Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
What's a Microcontroller p146 — Parallax Forums

What's a Microcontroller p146

dsnowdsnow Posts: 2
edited 2007-01-11 18:39 in BASIC Stamp
I am doing the capacitor RC-Time circuit and it seems like it is taking way longer than it should.· I stopped the circuit after 400 seconds when using both the 1k Ohm and the 470 Ohm resistors.· Does anyone have times written down for these experiments for the decay time?

Comments

• PARPAR Posts: 285
    edited 2007-01-07 00:56
    dsnow said...
    I am doing the capacitor RC-Time circuit and it seems like it is taking way longer than it should.· I stopped the circuit after 400 seconds when using both the 1k Ohm and the 470 Ohm resistors.· Does anyone have times written down for these experiments for the decay time?
    So you are doing Activity #2, in version 2.2 of the WAM book, right?

And, you've double and triple-checked your parts' values (resistors, capacitor), your wiring (inc. polarity of the capacitor), and each PolledRcTimer.bs2 program statement?

If so, perhaps you could post (attach) a copy of the program that you actually loaded into your BS2, so folks here can examine it?

If folks believe the program seems ok, then maybe you could post a couple photos of your wired circuit so folks can examine it too. (The photos would have to clearly show the part ids and where each wire goes.)

If the wiring also seems ok, then we'll have to think about other reasons and ways to find out·why the circuit / program is not producing expected results.

PAR
    PAR
  • dsnowdsnow Posts: 2
    edited 2007-01-10 00:43
    After doing a double check of the both the program and the circuit board. I noticed that I missed a line in the program. Thanks for the reminder to double and triple check.
  • AImanAIman Posts: 531
    edited 2007-01-11 18:39
    Programming should be called debugging