Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Hydra card — Parallax Forums

Hydra card

Brian_BBrian_B Posts: 842
edited 2007-01-17 03:17 in Propeller 1
Hi,
·I got a hydra for x-mas , can't get it to save to memory card (wink,wink), what should I do.

Thanks , Brian· smile.gif
2160 x 1440 - 882K

Comments

• ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2007-01-02 17:29
    I think your memory cards are missing memory chips!
    lol.gif
  • Ym2413aYm2413a Posts: 630
    edited 2007-01-02 17:39
    Yeah, those cards look a bit emply. (lol)
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-01-02 18:09
    The cards you're showing are the "breadboard" cards and have no memory on them. The memory expansion cards have a surface mount memory chip in the lower portion of the card and a small expansion area in the upper 1/3 of the card.
  • Brian_BBrian_B Posts: 842
    edited 2007-01-02 19:29
    Mike,
    I called tech support & told them that my hydra had 2 green Experimenter cards & no blue memory card , they told me to ship the cards to them so that they could test them to see if they where defective . Seem's to me that we all agree that " yes they both are green & have no memory chips on them.

Thanks Brian
  • Dennis FerronDennis Ferron Posts: 480
    edited 2007-01-02 23:45
    LMAO, that is pretty absurd - "let us run some tests on these boards that are green and have no chips, so we can determine if the problem is that they are green and have no chips on them."

Edit: Ever feel like you are trapped in a Dilbert cartoon?

I think they just tell everyone to send in the "defective" product no matter what the issue - it was the same way when I had a defective Propeller chip. However, when I did send them in, tech support was very helpful and they got me a replacement. Make sure you talk to Chris Savage - he was very helpful when I needed tech support.
  • JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2007-01-03 00:11
    My guess is they probably have you send in both cards to prevent people trying to scam them by sending in the blank proto card to get a "free" upgrade card with memory on it.
    edited 2007-01-03 00:50
    The question on my mind is when do you become a trusted customer .

Brian
    2160 x 1440 - 879K
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2007-01-03 04:51
    Well, someone definitely made a mistake in shipping and assembly. Each unit should contain EXACTLY:

(1) GREEN blank experimenter card.
    (1) BLUE 128K Memory Expansion card.

The cards look a little alike to someone rushing, so sounds like someone putting them together just made a mistake on one, since this is the first time I have heard of it.

Andre'
    edited 2007-01-03 05:05
    Andre'

·One card came in a really nice bag & the other one in a plain bag.

Brian
    2160 x 1440 - 874K
  • aliniousalinious Posts: 51
    edited 2007-01-03 08:26
    I was given a Hydra for Christmas and have been enjoying it immensely, but I also received two blank experimenter cards in the kit. I plan on keeping both while possibly modifying one of the experimenter cards with an I2C E2PROM I already have in my inventory.

Just reporting in that I encountered the same anomaly as Brian.

Alan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "I learn when I succeed, but I learn more when I fail."
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2007-01-03 09:30
    Ok, we will get to the bottom of this and get everyone their 128K memory card that its supposed to come with. Hopefully, it was just a group of them on a table that they tested then put the wrong ones in the boxes.

Andre'
    edited 2007-01-03 13:08
    Thank you Alan,
    · For a second there I felt like the kid in the back of the class room with my hand in the air & the teacher won't call on me . I also have a 1mb chip laying here that·I planned on putting on one of those boards.I was just trying to note the problem .

Brian

Post Edited (Brian Beckius) : 1/3/2007 1:21:40 PM GMT
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2007-01-03 16:22
    I apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused and I have followed up on this issue. We are currently correcting this issue as it was a kitting error on our part.· There is no need to send the cards back we will ship the missing cards out free of charge of course.· If you have any questions please free to e-mail me at support@parallax.com and put "Attention Dave".

Regards,

Dave ·

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
    edited 2007-01-03 18:16
    Dave,
    This forum draws a deverse group of people , take me for example . I have a 10 th grade education , I learn from doing . Somtimes the questions that are ask from one point of veiw seem stupid to another. I build , weld ,cut ,mill and somehow figure out how to control stuff. I know that theres alot of people that don't ask questions on this forum because they see answers like this.

Here's your SPIN code hand translated into assembler. Compile this and look at the hex produced. I've included a dummy SPIN routine to make the compiler happy that just starts up the assembly in its own cog.
    PUB dummy
      COGNEW(@toggle,0)

DAT
    toggle        mov   DIRA,Mask16
                    mov   OUTA,#0
    :loop         xor     OUTA,Mask16
                    mov    temp,TimeCnt
                    add    temp,CNT
                    waitcnt temp,#0
                    jmp    #:loop
    Mask16      long   |<16
    TimeCnt     long   3_000_000
    temp         long   0

*Is this a dummy routine or is it for the dummy asking the question.

Brian
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-01-03 21:05
    What spin code are you refering to? Dave doesn't do any development for the Propeller. The code you've shown blinks an LED on P16 at the rate of 26 times per second.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2007-01-03 21:53
    Paul,
    That code didn't have anything to do with Dave , I was cleaning the rest of my head out.

I'm good , later Mater [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    edited 2007-01-17 03:17
    Thank You Dave· smile.gif , You know if they made parallax underwear , I would have them too·(don't say it).

Brian

Post Edited (Brian Beckius) : 1/18/2007 4:58:00 PM GMT