Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I NEED TO BUY PIC16CXX-PGM programmer — Parallax Forums

I NEED TO BUY PIC16CXX-PGM programmer

Mr. HoopsMr. Hoops Posts: 2
edited 2007-01-02 23:27 in General Discussion
Help me out guys - if you have one of these in a box somewhere I will pay top $ for it. I have system that only works with this programmer and I need a few more of these. Please email me at ceo4techass@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Comments

• crgwbrcrgwbr Posts: 614
    edited 2007-01-02 13:32
    Mr. Hoops,
    This is the Parallax forum. Parallax is a competeter of Pic/Microchip; therefore I do not think it is apropreate to be trying to buy things relating to Microchip here, on the Parallax forum. If you would wisely like to switch your system to the SX chip, we could help you.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    NerdMaster
    For
    Life
  • Mr. HoopsMr. Hoops Posts: 2
    edited 2007-01-02 15:33
    Dear Mr. CRGBR,

If that is true, then why does the PIC16CXX-PGM unit that I'm looking for a replacement for say "PARALLAX" on it?
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-01-02 15:48
    Mr. Hoops,
    Once upon a time, Parallax created some development tools for the PIC microprocessors, but sold all the rights to Microchip. MicroEngineeringLabs sells programmers for the entire PIC line and Microchip sells some programmers. I suggest you look on their websites (www.microengineeringlabs.com, www.microchip.com).
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-01-02 16:09
    Hello,
    ·
    ·· The PIC Development Tools are being produced by Tech Tools and can be found at the following website.· I hope this helps.· Take care.

http://www.tech-tools.com/

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2007-01-02 16:11
    Please try www.piclist.com for further help.

It is quite dated - maybe 10 years old.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan

Post Edited (Kramer) : 1/2/2007 4:35:14 PM GMT
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2007-01-02 19:06
    Mr. Hoops,

Is this the unit you're looking for? (I believe this is the first thing I ever bought from Parallax -- around 1992. Who says never throwing anything away is bad?) If so, PM me, and we can deal.

-Phil
    800 x 472 - 56K
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,662
    edited 2007-01-02 23:27
    I have one of those too, like the photo Phil posted. Mine does not at present have the extra ZIF socket. It has a label on top marking it as version 4.2. I've sent you an email.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com