Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Prototyping Board — Parallax Forums

Prototyping Board

Earl FosterEarl Foster Posts: 185
edited 2007-01-02 14:36 in Propeller 1
I know Parallax and other forum members have created their own versions of the prototype board, but I like designing my own stuff and thought I would share it.· I wanted a larger prototyping area without the Propeller and·supporting components taking up any of the space. I also wanted to be able to easily switch between using PS2/VGA·and the additional I/O Pins they use so I installed·switches.· The USB propeller clip attaches at the top right side of pin 31.· I have uploaded·the schematic and PCB along with a picture of the final board.·

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs - ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do it." - Harold Thruman Whitman

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2007-01-02 04:50
    Hey Earl,

Nice work and a rewarding project, I'm sure. The switches are a good idea for I/O flexibility. Parallax has designed a Professional Development Board for Propeller, which we will also share very soon on the forums.

For me, I need a permanent board for Propeller projects. I'm waiting for the Prop Proto Board.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • asterickasterick Posts: 158
    edited 2007-01-02 05:36
    What kind of battery life do you get with that setup?

Post Edited (asterick) : 1/2/2007 5:46:31 AM GMT
  • Brian_BBrian_B Posts: 842
    edited 2007-01-02 05:43
    Earl,
    nice job !!!

Brian
  • Dennis FerronDennis Ferron Posts: 480
    edited 2007-01-02 07:46
    I like your design! Where did you get that snazzy sticker on your Propeller chip?
  • Earl FosterEarl Foster Posts: 185
    edited 2007-01-02 14:36
    It will also accept AA battery packs·that have·the 9v connector.· I usually use a 6xAA battery pack for my experiments.·I·don't anticipate the 9v battery will provide me any significant life once I start getting into more·involved designs.· Since I am just starting to learn to program the propeller my experiments will be simple for a while which means the 9v battery should last as long as does in a BOE.
    ·
    I made the stickers for the propeller using a drawing program.· I use Visio but any program will work.· The font size is·6pt Arial and each line takes up 8 characters.· It is laminated to protect the printing and I used stick glue to attach it to the top of the propeller chip.

I am using a standard breadboard with locking tabs.· This will allow me to·snap-on additional boards as needed for my experiments.

Thanks for the comments and questions.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Don't ask yourself what the world needs - ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do it." - Harold Thruman Whitman