Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Let's BS — Parallax Forums

Let's BS

Brian_BBrian_B Posts: 842
edited 2006-12-31 18:07 in General Discussion
Hi,
·Here's somthing new , Instead of asking a question ,your going to tell the biggest landmine you have found . I'll start- Don't use old versions of the stamp editor ,the· stamp 2pe won't program on the older versions (this might seem easy , but· if you just grab one of the 13 cd's you have laying around and load it ,not knowing it's 3 years old, you'll have problems) . Anything that·you have had problems with·, lets hear it .

Thanks ,Brian

Post Edited (Brian Beckius) : 12/31/2006 4:04:28 PM GMT

Comments

• stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2006-12-31 14:03
    Brian,

Seeing as the latest version is always available online, why would you torture yourself with some "might work" older version?

Also, any version I've used in the last 10 years or so always clearly shows on the toolbar or dropdown menu which stamps it can deal with.

Don't see the issue.

Cheers,

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tom Sisk

http://www.siskconsult.com
    ·
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2006-12-31 14:57
    stamptrol,

I think it's supposed to be about non mea culpa.··wink.gif

[noparse][[/noparse] Torturing himself --·what about the rest of us?··We were over a dozen posts the other day ironing this out. ]
  • Brian_BBrian_B Posts: 842
    edited 2006-12-31 15:47
    Hi,
    In hindsight downloading the latest version would have been the way to go. I’m not complaining, I was just sharing a boneheaded move that cost me a whole day.

Brian

ps. version 2.2 and 2.2.6 look the same , I'm sure the only thing differnt is that they had to·change somthing to interface with the newer versions of windows xp.

Post Edited (Brian Beckius) : 12/31/2006 4:22:15 PM GMT
  • John R.John R. Posts: 1,376
    edited 2006-12-31 16:20
    My favorite is forgetting to slide the shrink wrap on BEFORE soldering the splice. Especially when It's the "outer wrapper" of a multi conductor splice AFTER you'd gotton all the individual wires soldered and shrink wrapped smile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    John R.

8 + 8 = 10
  • bennettdanbennettdan Posts: 614
    edited 2006-12-31 18:07
    I do that all the time John R., Also I have deleted the BS2 program off my hard drive and their is no way of uploading the program from the stamp..