Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
debug won't stop — Parallax Forums

debug won't stop

Brian_BBrian_B Posts: 842
edited 2006-12-30 21:46 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,
·I have a basic stamp 2pe thats running a debug program . I can't get it to stop long enough to load a new program on it . any suggestions ?

Brian

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-12-30 15:49
    Brian,
    The program load connection will always force a reset when it starts ... no matter what the Stamp is doing.
    You should be able to ignore the debug output and just load the new program.
    Mike
  • Brian_BBrian_B Posts: 842
    edited 2006-12-30 15:55
    Mike,
    The stamp editor "see's" the stamp but won't id it & won't load it , If you open up a debug terminal it shows the info coming from the stamp.

Thanks ,Brian

Here's some more info , I am using the professional development board· with the db-9 cable , if I go to program the editor say's stamp not found , If I change the stamp to a·BS2·It will load just fine.

Post Edited (Brian Beckius) : 12/30/2006 4:11:47 PM GMT
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2006-12-30 16:30
    Brian Beckius said...
    if I go to program the editor say's stamp not found , If I change the stamp to a·BS2·It will load just fine.
    I think that you need to press the appropriate icon/button for your Stamp type that you are using.

From the Toolbar:· Directive\Stamp\BS2pe
    edited 2006-12-30 16:37
    Hi,

·Heres what i'm trying to load.

' {$STAMP BS2pe}
    ' {$PBASIC 2.5}
    DEBUG "stamp clear"

Thank's brian
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-12-30 16:51
    Brian -

Each and every time you execute that program (CNTRL-R) it should print "stamp clear" on the DEBUG terminal. Nothing more or less.

How does that differ from your experience?

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
    edited 2006-12-30 16:58
    Theres a differnt program on the stamp right now & its running just fine , I just can't get it off , the stamp clear deal is just for a sample of how I'm tring to load it to clear what's on it now .

Brian
    edited 2006-12-30 20:44
    Brian -

Are you using a serial cable of your own design, or one you purchased? Are yoiu using a Parallax carrier board, or one of your own design?

When you try to load the new program, what error message do you get?

Regards,

Bruce Bates

Post Edited (Bruce Bates) : 12/30/2006 9:08:40 PM GMT
    edited 2006-12-30 21:00
    Hi,
    I have a parallax db-9 cable , I've tried 2 differnt carrier boards and they both give me the same results .So heres what happans .

* if I try to program the bs2pe , the editor says "No basic stamps found" . I can open up a debug terminal & see the current debug program running on the stamp , so I know that the stamp is working and that iI is sending info to the terminal.

* I change the stamp from a bs2pe to a bs2 ,change the code to reflect the differnt version of stamp , hit run & it loads this stamp just fine.

*change back to bs2pe stamp , try to load it with this program

' {$STAMP BS2pe}
    ' {$PBASIC 2.5}

DEBUG "stamp clear"

but I still get a " no stamp found" , keep in mind that I can open up a debug terminal & see that the bs2pe looks like it's working just fine.

Thanks ,Brian
    edited 2006-12-30 21:12
    Brian -

Your problem is in the interface between the PC and the PBASIC Stamp, so nothing else really matters. DEBUG displays, or anything else will only show the OLD program still in memory. If a new program isn't written into memory, nothing else will change.

Is this a desktop or a laptop computer?

What operating system are you using?

Have you replaced the carrier board battery with a KNOWN GOOD or new one, just to be sure that's not the cause?

Has this carrier board and serial cable worked for you before?

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
    edited 2006-12-30 21:46
    Bruce,
    I found the problem , This computer is only a couple weeks old, I loaded it with version 2.2 stamp editor and this is the first time I tried to program the 2pe on it . I dowloaded the newest version 2.2.6 off of parallax's web site, now it works

Thank's for the help, Brian