Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Centering the servo — Parallax Forums

Centering the servo

droo5757droo5757 Posts: 2
edited 2006-12-27 03:48 in BASIC Stamp
Hey guys i have a boe-bot and i got to the part where i have to center the servo.. well i got one to pretty easily and the second one i am having alot of troublel centering.. once i get to the point where the thing is at the point of turnin both ways it doesnt stop like it is suppose to. Do you think i· weared away the place that i screw?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-12-27 03:39
    It's sometimes really hard to get the servos to stop moving at exactly 1.5ms pulse width. If you can get it to behave at a slightly different pulse width (like 1.4-1.6ms), just add a correction factor to the numbers in your software so the stop point ends up with the slightly different value. The screwdriver slot isn't always exactly beneath the opening in the servo case. It is possible to break the adjusting potentiometer if you use too much force. Sometimes you can open the case and fix it, but often you just end up with little parts bouncing off the table onto the floor. Be gentle, take your time, and keep trying.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-12-27 03:40
    Hello,
    ·
    ·· You have to be very careful about how much pressure you apply when you get to that point.· Just a little too much and it will switch directions rather than stop.· Is this what you’re seeing?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • droo5757droo5757 Posts: 2
    edited 2006-12-27 03:48
    yes that is exactly how it is... when i get to that pooint of where the propellor is turning one way and then another way at the same spot it doesnt ever slow down as if to come to a stop