Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2P24 won't load program — Parallax Forums

BS2P24 won't load program

cyber_9cyber_9 Posts: 2
edited 2006-12-27 02:42 in BASIC Stamp
I have a bs2p24 on a circuit board connected to a serial cable to the com1 port on my computer. I have used the schematic that is given in the documentation.

I have done the diagnostics on the bs2p24 checking that there is 7.5V at Vin proper GND and 5V at the VDD.

The Rx is connected to the SOUT and the Tx is connected to the SIN. The DTR with decoupling caps are connected to ATN. and the GND is connected to VSS. Also Pin 6 and 7 DSR & RTS are connected together.

I have diabled the FIFO buffers on com1 and set them to 2400 8n1

I have made sure to reset the chip, but to no avail the chip will not accept programming.

Is there anything else to do but scrap it?

Help

thanks in advance

Cyber_9

PS I do get Loopback and Echo when identifying chip inthe editor.

Post Edited (cyber_9) : 12/26/2006 4:25:07 AM GMT

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-12-26 05:09
    I wouldn’t scrap the chip…Since you’ve created a custom board/cable there’s every possibility that the problem is there.· Are you applying power to both VIN and VDD?· You should not be.· I assumed 7.5V was your power to VIN.· In any event what version of the BASIC Stamp Editor are you using?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • subriasubria Posts: 1
    edited 2006-12-26 06:05
    Hi
    I´ve got the same problem with my BS2sx.
    Iám getting "stamp not found all the time".I was working fine up until a week ago.
    Tried 2 computers, 3 cables,Loopback and echo are Ok.
    Is there a overvoltage protection on the chip in case I load 7.5 V into Vdd ?
    That could be what happened . but not quite sure

Thanks

Subria
  • cyber_9cyber_9 Posts: 2
    edited 2006-12-26 15:51
    chris,

I'm using editor Version 2.2.6

and no the vin is 7.5V and the VDD is Powering other chips...

could I be drawing too much power from the regulator?
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-12-27 02:42
    Yes, you could be.· Whenever you’re having problems you should always remove all unknowns from the equation.· You should test the BASIC Stamp Module with nothing connected to it.· You shouldn’t be drawing more than 45mA from the VDD pin, not counting anything drawing from I/O pins.· As for the other question about 7.5V into VDD, there is no protection.· The module is most likely damaged.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support