Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp communication error — Parallax Forums

Stamp communication error

maismais Posts: 5
edited 2007-01-03 13:11 in BASIC Stamp
I have a board of aducation serial kit with bs2p24. When i run the identify command on COM1·
I get·a response·· "Device type:·· ··· ·Version:·········Loopback:Yes·· Echo:Yes"··· and after this
a "Basic Stamp not found" error when i try to download.· Why is this happening?
If i disconnect the serial port from the board of education the response is loopback: No· Echo:No
640 x 512 - 37K

Comments

• ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2006-12-23 16:16
    Do you have a BS2P24 (as stated in your message) or a BS2PX24 (as shown in your screenshot)? Please correct your BS2 program directive and try again. If you're using a battery to power your setup, try a fresh battery.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-12-24 05:50
    Are you connecting straight through a Serial Port or through USB (or a USB adapter)?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • davetdavet Posts: 3
    edited 2007-01-01 16:37
    Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem using the USB connection for the Boe Bot. I have tried connecting from a laptop and a desktop and am getting the same results described above. I have followed the troubleshooting guide for BM Options - Latency Timer = 1 msec, and this makes no difference.

There are no "Use Fifo Buffers" options within my hardware configurations. Both PCs are using Windows XP

Thanks
    Dave
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2007-01-01 17:20
    You DID load the FTDI drivers BEFORE connecting the USB connection, right?

If you did not, then the 'wrong' USB drivers were probably loaded.

Oh, and the echo: Yes, Loopback: Yes, but cannot communicate is often a power issue. Are you using a new 9-volt battery?
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-01-01 18:47
    Please be sure to use the driver installer located at the following page.

http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/downloads/software/ftdi_drivers.asp

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2007-01-02 10:08
    Thanks for the assistance - I amusing the latest drivers, and new 4xAA batteries. I will try a 9 volt later and see if this makes a difference

Thanks
    Dave
    edited 2007-01-03 13:11
    I tried a 9v battery, and everything worked straightaway. Thanks for your help on this.

Dave