Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Prototyping Cases? — Parallax Forums

Prototyping Cases?

imagemediaimagemedia Posts: 3
edited 2006-12-23 17:39 in BASIC Stamp
Does anyone know a good source of small cases to put completed Stamp projects in? I'm working on a real simple application requiring a couple small components and a couple wires. I'd really like to find a nice enclosure to build the finished units into. I'd also be interested in the process where a rather soft plasic is poured into a mould along with the compoents - which are sealed in a finished glossy plastic container with wires hanging out one end. When done right that looks really good.

Any ideas to make it 'look kewl' when handing over the finished product?

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2006-12-22 17:07
    PacTek enclosures work pretty well.
  • Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2006-12-23 03:51
    www.frontpanelexpress.com for custom made front panels that look as professional as you can get....

www.radioshack.com for a nice selection of project boxes that you can buy on-line or locally.
  • Mr. RichardMr. Richard Posts: 51
    edited 2006-12-23 17:39
    In my 10th grade intro to electronics class my students make an electrical tester with a resistor and a lamp. We place solder all the connections, place it in a glass tube with two wires sticking out, and pour in fiberglass resin. After the resin is cured, the tube is broken and you have a nonconductive clear case for a tester.

Could a stamp and components be encased in a similar manner? Possibly having wires coming out of the resin for I/Os.

This also works with photoresistors

Post Edited (Mr. Richard) : 12/23/2006 6:38:52 PM GMT