Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp over Stamp PB — Parallax Forums

Stamp over Stamp PB

NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
edited 2006-12-22 20:29 in General Discussion
In response to several requests, here is a picture of my Stamp-over-Stamp piggyback. The Vdd pins and the two Vss pins on each Stamp are hardwired together, as well as I/O pins 5, 6, and 7. These three pins function as flow control, serout and serin. The top and bottom platforms can be unplugged but that is usually not necessary since there is ample room to install the bottom Stamp. The entire assembly plugs into the Stamp socket of the BOE or whatever board you are using. I am working on an improved mounting for the DB9 connector but that is still in the prototype stage.

The piggyback gives you 26 I/O pins, 13 on each Stamp. The top Stamp, designated the Slave, acts as a co-processor and can perform tasks while the bottom Master Stamp is doing something else. Using two BS2E’s, you would have 16kb of programming memory for each Stamp. With two BS2pe’s, you would have 16kb of programming memory plus 16kb of EEPROM storage for each Stamp.

Sid

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Sid Weaver
Don't have VGA?

Newzed@aol.com
367 x 525 - 10K

Comments

• stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2006-12-21 18:35
    Sid,

Nice little board.

My earlier controller had dual sockets mounted end-to-end for exactly the reasons you outlined. Makes for a powerful package.

Yours is much more compact. Do you want to sell a couple?

Best regards,

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tom Sisk

http://www.siskconsult.com
    ·
  • NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2006-12-21 18:58
    Tom, would you PM me with your e-mail address.· Thanks.

Sid

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Sid Weaver
    Don't have VGA?

Newzed@aol.com
    ·
  • NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2006-12-22 20:29
    Just finished·a revision to the Stamp PB - a picture is attached.· I extended the top platform enough to·make room for the DB9 mounting and added the necessary circuitry to connect it to the Stamp.· Much more secure now and the DB9 is an integral part of the top platform.

Sid

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Sid Weaver
    Don't have VGA?

Newzed@aol.com
    370 x 525 - 13K