Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
VGA.spin and Graphics.spin — Parallax Forums

VGA.spin and Graphics.spin

Matthew HayMatthew Hay Posts: 63
edited 2006-12-21 04:07 in Propeller 1
Does anyone have a sample of the vga.spin and graphics.spin being used together?·

According to graphics.spin file it can be used with vga.spin but out of all the code I've seen, nobody seems to use these too together, any good reason not?.· I tried to use parts of the graphics demo to make a simple graphics test for the vga.spin but I've had no luck.

Thanks,
Matt

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-12-21 03:42
    Chip recently posted a VGA driver that allows text and graphics to be combined in 1024x768 resolution.
    The graphics portion uses graphics.spin controlling tiles representing a portion of the screen while the
    rest uses the built-in ROM font for the text. This new driver works much the same as the the VGA.spin
    driver.
    http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=615350
  • Matthew HayMatthew Hay Posts: 63
    edited 2006-12-21 04:07
    Ahhhh thanks that answers some questions for me.

I really liked the Graphics Demo but wanted a version for VGA (mainly since I have 5 monitors and only 1 TV <-- colors aren't right either)

I've got a long way to go in understanding the Prop and stuff as a whole but I'd like to write a modified graphics spin for 3D Vector drawing. With that I hope to build a car diagnostic/control box that will give an overly eye candied display of whats wrong or general car control based on a touch screen (ie electric window, door lock, trunk, etc)

Oh well just a big dream, but I like to tinker anyway