Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Blank Slot Program Downloads — Parallax Forums

Blank Slot Program Downloads

GuidoGuido Posts: 195
edited 2006-12-21 06:50 in BASIC Stamp
Me Again!
Where can I download Stamp Blank Slot Programs?
Thanks
Guido

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-12-20 23:01
    Guido,
    ·
    ·· Are you by chance looking for a blank programming template?·

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • GuidoGuido Posts: 195
    edited 2006-12-20 23:03
    Yes, Chris!!!

Thata's the Word!!
    edited 2006-12-20 23:25
    Guido,
    ·
    ·· Here is one that has been posted in the past, as well as the one I myself use…I hope these help.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2006-12-20 23:40
    Chris,

I say one floating around, that was setup for PBasic2.5 and was a Multi-slot Template.....Have you or anyone seen it?

Thanks

Guido
    edited 2006-12-20 23:43
    Guido,
    ·
    ·· I could make one real quick…The problem is that the names of each slot usually change and the references in the slot 0 program must change with them or it won’t find the files.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2006-12-20 23:46
    Chris,

You are right about naming the Slots, But the one I saw had generaic slot numbers...Like Slot0, slot1 etx....This will be my first time trying this so any help with a good tempalate would be appreciated.....Also Chris, using the store command, is that writing to the scratchpad memory?

Thanks Again

Guido
    edited 2006-12-20 23:48
    Guido,
    ·
    ·· Here’s an example…You could add additional slots as needed…Remember, it’s best to always declare your variables the same in each slot.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2006-12-21 00:00
    Thanks Chris, I hope I don't get in to toooooo much trouble trying this....Also and I do see you are busy, but is the Store Command
    writing to the scratchpad memory ?
    Thanks Again for your help!
    I hope I can figure this out...And yes I did read Nuts and Volts Articile, trouble is I was totally lost on it!!!!!
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,662
    edited 2006-12-21 06:50
    Hi Guido,

The Scratchpad RAM is accessed via the GET and PUT commands, and the same scratchpad is accessible from any slot. Nothing to do with STORE.

The STORE command works in conjuction with the READ and WRITE commands. It selects which slot will be used for subsequent READs and WRITEs. For example,

x VAR BYTE
    STORE 3
    READ 12,x
    STORE 7
    WRITE 17, x

copies a byte from a location in slot 3 to one in slot 7.

-- STORE is only available for 8 slots on the BS2p and BS2px, and 16 slots on the BS2pe.
    -- A program running in any slot can manipulate eeprom data in any other slot.
    -- A STORE bank selection sticks until it is explicitly changed by another command or until a new RUN command is executed.
    -- After a RUN, the STORE slot equals the RUN slot.

If you read (read only) location 128 in the scratchpad, the low nibble tells you the current RUN slot number, and the high nibble tells you the current STORE slot number.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com