Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
no program restart after shutdown — Parallax Forums

no program restart after shutdown

al cookeal cooke Posts: 8
edited 2006-12-20 23:54 in BASIC Stamp
I don't have a lot of experience programing which is probably my problem but·I have to re run the program to get it to start after a shutdown. I would appreciate any help.·Thanks, Al Cooke· See attachment.··

Comments

• Charlie JohnsonCharlie Johnson Posts: 147
    edited 2006-12-20 20:16
    Try changing the GOTO begin to GOTO Main
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-12-20 20:36
    Al,
    ·
    ·· Not to nit-pick but your filename would seem to indicate this was code for a 74xx165 shift register, however it is Stepper Motor code.· What happens if you press the reset button after startup?· Also, your main loop goes back to the very beginning of the program, but you should only be going back to the main program loop, labeled Main:

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • al cookeal cooke Posts: 8
    edited 2006-12-20 22:33
    Thanks for both of your replys. I made the change to no avail. Pressing the reset after startup stops the program.
    I overwrote an old program instead of arranging for it to be last when the new program was entered. Admittedly sloppy. Al Cooke
    edited 2006-12-20 22:51
    Al,
    ·
    ·· Perhaps I worded my reply in a bad way…What I meant was, after you power up the board and your program does not seem to be running, does pressing and releasing the reset button start the program?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2006-12-20 23:17
    Chris Savage - Powering down when the program is running and repowering and pushing reset does'nt restart the program. I'm using the BOE. Al Cooke
    edited 2006-12-20 23:21
    Al,
    ·
    ·· Okay, by any chance is the programming cable plugged in during this?· If so, try it with it unplugged.· Also, how are you powering the board?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2006-12-20 23:50
    Thankyou Chris - The cable was plugged in and when unplugged it works fine. I'm using a 6 volt wallwart. Al Cooke
    edited 2006-12-20 23:54
    Al,
    ·
    ·· What this indicates is that your computer is somehow holding the BASIC Stamp in a reset state.· When you download the code again it releases the DTR line.· But later it is back to being reset.· When you unplug the cable the computer is not able to do this.· So the problem is either on the PC side or your board that the BS2 Module is plugged into.· Which board are you using?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support