Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
12 Chanel Remote control — Parallax Forums

12 Chanel Remote control

Jayguy5000Jayguy5000 Posts: 139
edited 2006-12-22 17:08 in BASIC Stamp
I am trying to make my own remote control truck, In the book "stamp II communications and projects" ch8 they have a 12 channel remote control project. If any one can tell me if that is what I want to use or better direct me to where I can have some full info on making everything I need from the rf xmtr and receiver and to the mighty motor that will be steering this truck,· I would appreciate it. the tires on this truck will be about 5 inches in diameter if any one was wondering.
~Jeremy

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Actually I think Im going to add the whiskers to my tank and let it roam, just need to figure out where.

Comments

• Danny22Danny22 Posts: 29
    edited 2006-12-21 21:15
    Jayguy5000,
    You need to post more information on what you want to do. Do you have a "store bought" truck that you want to hack? Are you going to build it from scratch? What kind of mobitity base, motors, encoders, sensors,steering architecture do you want to use? You are on a Parallax web site that has just about everything that you could want including Tech Support. If you just want an R/C controlled truck there are 1000's of hobby shops that sell kits. Be more specific and we can help.
  • Jayguy5000Jayguy5000 Posts: 139
    edited 2006-12-22 17:08
    Me and a friend are building a remote control truck, my job is just the throttle brakes and steering. All I need is a way to controll 3 servos with a remote controll. Obviously the one with the steering will have to have some power. The truck will be run with a chainsaw engine and have some tires about 6 inches in diameter. I was wondering if the 12 channel RC project in the book would be a step in the right direction. WE DO NOT WANT TO BUY A KIT, kits are for kids, we are trying to figure out how to do this for ourselves as a learning project, not so much for driving a truck on mom's carpet [noparse]:)[/noparse] I am doing alot of searching on google for support but whatever I can get here will be great.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Actually I think Im going to add the whiskers to my tank and let it roam, just need to figure out where.