Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Netburner PINK module — Parallax Forums

Netburner PINK module

K de JongK de Jong Posts: 154
edited 2006-12-19 00:52 in BASIC Stamp
Did anybody use the Netburner PINK serial to ethernet module?

I use both the plain Netburner module and the PINK module, which is far more easy to use.

But how can I upload a file to the PINK automatically and at runtime. I have not been able to do this yet.

I have built a PINK setup with a camera and a Basic Stamp and it works fine. The camera brings the video image to you and you can switch on or off the lights in the setup. You click the mouse and then the Stamp overhere switches the lights and you will be able to see this happen through the camera :-)).

Take a look if you like (you may need a Java applet, this can be downloded from the site):

http://www.xs4all.nl/~klaus0/embeddedwebservers/netcam/index.html

I'm very curious about what others do with the PINK module.

Regards,

Klaus
·

Comments

• Roger PiersonRoger Pierson Posts: 62
    edited 2006-12-19 00:36
    Pretty neat demo.

I use the PINK to control multipule Stamp-enabled devices on a network. The program running each of my devices gets operating instructions from a variable on it's PINK - that is, each function the device is capable of performing is assigned a PINK variable. The contents of the variables on the PINK control the device.

The beauty of that system is that I can control my devices (ground support equipment for rocket launch support) in either of three ways: locally through buttons and switches, remotely through remote buttons and switches, or via the web interface. The remote console, which provides the remote button-and-switch user interface, is also Stamp enabled. The Stamp monitors the position of the controls and when required it transmits commands to the local devices via UDP messages.

Each device monitors the UDP status bit of its PINK, and when ever a UDP message is recieved, it stores the contents of the message in the appropriate PINK variable. (UDP messages are coded with the proper variable to store in.) On the next iteration through the program loop, the Stamp notes that a PINK variable has changed and takes the appropriate action.

The end result is I can control the equipment that interfaces to the flight ordnance from a safe distance away. I simply use a Ethernet media converter to put the network on fiber optic cable and distance is no longer a factor.

Of course, I haven't actually fielded this yet, but so far it is all working well on proto-boards in my lab!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Roger Pierson
    Senior Electronics Technicain
    DTI Assoicates
  • K de JongK de Jong Posts: 154
    edited 2006-12-19 00:52
    The interesting thing about this demo is that it looks so easy and makes sense if you play with it.

But behind the scenes there is more...... :-)).

The system shuts off the main light at 2 AM and switches on again at 8 AM local time in the Netherlands.

So you have less than ten minutes to go for today.

Regards,

Klaus