Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PE Kit Project Parts List — Parallax Forums

PE Kit Project Parts List

Matthew HayMatthew Hay Posts: 63
edited 2006-12-25 05:05 in Propeller 1
Okay I have a PEKit and was wondering if there is a parts list that lists what should have come with it?· The PE Platform Setup and Testing document only lists the Prop DIP Plus Kit parts, breadboards, and prop plug.

There are two cystal clear LEDs that don't seem to put of any visible light so I'm assuming these are infrared but there are also two half size LED parts that appear almost black in color, are these infra red also?

Thanks,
Matt

Oh and how forgiving is a vga monitor?· Can I use some 220Ohm resistors in place of the 240Ohm resistors and still get a working picture?· I know the TV is pretty forgiving since I'm using a 1KOhm in place of 1.1KOhm and two 270Ohm in place of the 560Ohm but didn't know if the monitor is as forgiving (CRT).

·

Comments

• bambinobambino Posts: 789
    edited 2006-12-18 17:07
    I used a 220 for my demo board and it works fine.

But if your not sure of the monitor I have read in the forums here where a 270 was used in place of the 240.
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-12-18 17:35
    Page 3 of the first installment series of the tutorial series, which is located on the home page of the product, contains the list of parts you are looking for.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • Matthew HayMatthew Hay Posts: 63
    edited 2006-12-18 19:53
    Bambino,
    Thanks, I'll give it a try

Paul,
    Page 3 does not list the parts in the 130-32000 package included with the PEKit and I can not find a parts list for this package on its page either.
  • edited 2006-12-22 01:35
    osmoses,

Below is the complete parts list.· Thanks for asking; we'll add it along with a parts inventory step to the next revision of the setup and testing lab.

attachment.php?attachmentid=74007

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Andy Lindsay

Education Department
    Parallax, Inc.
    494 x 1014 - 37K
  • SSteveSSteve Posts: 808
    edited 2006-12-22 01:59
    So the thing that looks like a little black LED must be the Infrared Transistor. Is there a datasheet for that? There isn't one on the product page.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    OS-X: because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows

links:
    My band's website
    Our album on the iTunes Music Store
    edited 2006-12-22 04:42
    Thanks for the parts list, I always like to know what I have on hand.

I wish I could have bought the Demo Board but I believe I actually got more buying the PEKit instead. I've already had it hooked to the TV, speakers, vga monitor, and a mouse with no trouble and I even have a handy storage box for it to keep it out of my two year olds hands.

Can't wait for some more labs, will the new one be done before Christmas?

Thanks,
    Matt
  • Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2006-12-22 18:13
    Ssteve, the thing that looks like a little black LED (part #350-00018)·is·an infrared transistor. Specifically it is a·Fairchild Semiconductor QSC113, and their product folder with a datasheet link is here:

http://www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/QS/QSC113.html

Osmoses, I'm glad you are having fun with the kit. Given that you have already built a multimedia playground with it, you are far ahead of us!· We were called out of town for a week unexpectedly, so we are a bit behind on this·next lab, but we will do our best to have a·draft posted for review before Christmas.

Stephanie Lindsay
    Editor, Parallax Inc.
    edited 2006-12-22 21:36
    Sorry I'm not trying to rush you guys and gals I was just curious due to the epected date listed in the Labs forum post was today.

I may have built those things in HW already but I've got a long ways to go before I can run anything other than the demos provided.

Are you planning on turning these labs into a book someday? (yes I realize that is probably a long ways off but I was just curious)

Thanks,
    Matt
  • Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2006-12-22 22:05
    Hi Matt,

Sometimes we are a little optimistic with our timeline goals blush.gif .·· Yes, it is a definite possibility that the series will be compiled into a book when enough labs have accumulated, and the content has been refined·with customer feedback.·

-Stephanie Lindsay

Editor, Parallax Inc.
  • edited 2006-12-25 05:05
    osmoses said...
    Can't wait for some more labs, will the new one be done before Christmas?
    Hi Matt,

Well, the next lab is "mostly done" before Christmas; there's certainly enough for a good test drive.··The links·to the Methods and Objects lab are now live on the Propeller Education Kit Labs page.· As always, send corrections and comments to Stephanie via editor@parallax.com, and use the discussion page to get questions answered.· We gather information from both channels for updates and revisions.

Happy Holidays!

Andy

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Andy Lindsay

Education Department
    Parallax, Inc.