Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Elements of Digital Logic? — Parallax Forums

Elements of Digital Logic?

Max WoodenMax Wooden Posts: 112
edited 2006-12-17 06:56 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hey guys! I was looking around at all of the stamps in class kits and noticed that the Elements of Digital Logic is no longer available. Are you planning on offering it again any time soon? It looks like a really awesome board/ book. As a college student, I have read several Stamps in Class books and they are all wonderful and I am learning a ton of cool stuff. I am really enjoying my stamp and have been doing some fun little projects! Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-12-16 21:24
    As an "onlooker", I suspect that the Propeller Education Kit (www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=32305) or something similar will eventually replace the Elements of Digital Logic kit. It has a really nice breadboard and the Propeller has the ability to act as a logic analyzer with only a few resistors and jacks (for a keyboard and display). A preprogrammed Propeller could easily provide most of the functions of a professional development board very inexpensively.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2006-12-17 05:58
    Max,

Unfortunately we are not going to offer it again. The book will always remain available for download. This particular set of parts and text didnt' sell as well as we had hoped, and with the high minimum quantities on the Elements of Digital Logic PCB required we chose to discontinue the kit.

I hated to see it go as well.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Max WoodenMax Wooden Posts: 112
    edited 2006-12-17 06:56
    Thanks for the reply. I'll definitely download the book.