Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
power on boot — Parallax Forums

power on boot

stefstef Posts: 173
edited 2006-12-18 17:25 in General Discussion
Hi

I have succesfully created a program for an sx28. It is running very fine but I'm struggeling with one thing.

If I cut the power and reboot the SX28 by applying power it is not starting the program. It is hanging at that moment. When I just puch the resetbutten I have connected it is starting. (used a reset butten with a pull up resistor).

Does anyone has suggestions on what to modify to be able to start the complete program without user transaktion at power one??

Ps I tested my chip on the professional develpingboad and thier was no problem. Now I made my own pcb and everything is working exept the power one.

All suggestions are welcome.

Stef·

Comments

• BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2006-12-14 17:26
    Stef,
    · Make sure you enable the "Brown Out Reset" on the DEVICE line.
    · If you are running the SX from 5V then add BOR42 to the device line. See if that fixes it.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheap used 4-digit LED display with driver IC·www.hc4led.com

Low power SD Data Logger www.sddatalogger.com
    SX-Video Display Modules www.sxvm.com
    Stuff I'm selling on ebay http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhittconsultingQQhtZ-1

"USA Today has come out with a new survey - apparently, three out of every four people make up 75% of the population." - David Letterman
  • stefstef Posts: 173
    edited 2006-12-18 13:53
    Hi Bean,

Thanks. I added the Bor42 in the device line and now I tested it.

Everything is working fine now.

Stef
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2006-12-18 17:25
    Stef,
    Your welcome. Glad you got it working.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheap used 4-digit LED display with driver IC·www.hc4led.com

Low power SD Data Logger www.sddatalogger.com
    SX-Video Display Modules www.sxvm.com
    Stuff I'm selling on ebay http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhittconsultingQQhtZ-1

"USA Today has come out with a new survey - apparently, three out of every four people make up 75% of the population." - David Letterman