Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Can BlueSMiRF by parkfun be used in the Education board for Boe-Bot ?? — Parallax Forums

Can BlueSMiRF by parkfun be used in the Education board for Boe-Bot ??

zhangzhang Posts: 4
edited 2006-12-13 04:05 in BASIC Stamp
I want to implement the communication of Boe-Bot Robot with Bluetooth module. I use the BlueSMiRF module by Parkfun at hand. But the hardware connection need RXD and TXD connection. It seems that the education board is not convinient for the connection. Even if I connect the two pins with SIN and SOUT pin of the BS2 and command with serin and serout 16 pin (the phisical pin), the BS2 editor can't found the stamp.

If I do something wrong in hardware connection or program wrong? And can the BlueSMiRF be used in education board?

Looking forward for any answer! Thank you for your patience.

Comments

• Harrison.Harrison. Posts: 484
    edited 2006-12-13 02:35
    You can use any available basic stamp pin to do serial communication with the BlueSmirf module from Sparkfun. The only thing is you won't be able to use debug statements to communicate with the module if you use other pins.

Also, you shouldn't post the same exact thing in multiple subforums in attempt to get a response.
  • zhangzhang Posts: 4
    edited 2006-12-13 02:49
    Harrison, Thank you for your reply. And for I'm not sure which subforum is the more suitable for this question, I post it in multiple subforum. So sorry.

You mean that I can use other pin to do serial communication with the BlueSmirf. If I don't use debug statements, how can I get the address of the BlueSmirf?

Thank you very much.
  • bennettdanbennettdan Posts: 614
    edited 2006-12-13 04:05
    The serin and serout commands can use the other pins on the stamp to communicate with serial data.
    Look at the basic Stamp Manual here it tells about the commands.
    www.parallax.com/dl/docs/prod/stamps/web-BSM-v2.2.pdf