Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
misprint in the experiment? help please!! — Parallax Forums

misprint in the experiment? help please!!

AMSE08AMSE08 Posts: 1
edited 2006-12-12 18:40 in BASIC Stamp
I am working with the Experiments for Renewable Energy kit from Parallax that works with PBASIC and BASIC Stamp. In Chapter 1: Setting up for the experiments, the experiment calls for you to add three lines of "hack" code into the main routine to test to upper and lower limits of the Analog to Digital Converter chip's channels. StampPlot Pro graphs voltage outputs as they occur. After these tests have been completed the experiment says to remove the 3 lines of test code from the main routine. I then used this same program in Experiment 1: Programmable Battery Charger to test the voltage output of a set of NiCad batteries. Without the 3 lines of hack code StampPlot would not read the voltages of the batteries; however when I reentered the lines of code, StampPlot was able to graph the voltage outputs.

Any ideas as to why the hack code specifically directed to be removed is necessary to getting the graphs afterwards? confused.gif

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-12-12 18:40
    Hello,

·· You can check the errata PDF on the product web page linked below, however since the product is discontinued there will likely be no updates to the documentation.· Take care.

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28144

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support