Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
serial inkjet printer using usb — Parallax Forums

serial inkjet printer using usb

lyndelllyndell Posts: 1
edited 2006-12-12 20:24 in General Discussion
i was wondering if anyone knows who or how to drive the parallax serial inkjet printer card with a serial string through the usb port instead of a microcontroller through the three pin port.· any information about this or contacts would be appreciated. thank you

Comments

• LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-12-12 17:41
    You would have to put the string into the SXes EEPROM as data and then call up the data as required.
    The USB is mainly a programing port. I am not sure if anyone has created the software for it to be used secondarily as input.

You could connect a USB to RS-232 adapter to the serial input and have USB interface of the kind you want without generating any new softare.

I am sure that you can find much, if not all of the documentation on-line with www.parallax.com

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan

Post Edited (Kramer) : 12/13/2006 5:16:56 PM GMT
  • JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 9,071
    edited 2006-12-12 20:24
    You can send serial strings to the module through the USB port as well -- this is by design so that the module could be used in industrial-type applications with a PC. If you do a quick search you'll find the SX/B source code for the module here in the forums.