Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How could I get started with the Prop? — Parallax Forums

How could I get started with the Prop?

Jake11611Jake11611 Posts: 47
edited 2006-12-10 22:20 in Propeller 1
I've been playing around with the BS2 (I have the WAM kit and the BOE bot) and I was wondering what would be the best way to get started with the Propeller.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-12-10 18:18
    The best way to get started would be to buy a Propeller Starter Kit or Demo Board Kit (depending on whether you want the paper manual) or even the Education Kit (if you want to focus more on the hardware).
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,260
    edited 2006-12-10 21:50
    Having struggled with paging back and forth through PDF's, I highly recommend getting the paper manual! Plus, you can scribble notes in the margins!

The Demo board is really great, which makes me second Mike's recommendation.

If you have time, building your own demo board compatable system is a good option. Just be sure and get the book, and use the same pins so the objects work without any tinkering. As much as I like building stuff, I took the demo board route because I wanted to start programming without the worries of knowing if my homebrew was up to snuff or not.. YMMV.
  • Bill HenningBill Henning Posts: 6,445
    edited 2006-12-10 22:20
    Listen to Mike and potatohead...

Get a demo board, with the hard copy manual; and a few propeller dip chips.

Start to learn it with the demo board, then start wiring up your own custom prototypes.

WARNING: the propeller is highly addictive