Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PRC 1.02 SOLD OUT! -- here comes Rev 2.00 — Parallax Forums

PRC 1.02 SOLD OUT! -- here comes Rev 2.00

Brian RileyBrian Riley Posts: 626
edited 2006-12-10 17:58 in Propeller 1
Revision 1.02 of the PRC is now SOLD OUT. I want to take a moment to thank Mark, Parallax, and most of all, my patrons who made this a success. The profits are being funnelled back to fund Revisions 2.00 which will incorprate suggestions and experiences from its predecessor. It is almost complete and I hope to be submitting the layout for the Rev 2.00 prototype board on Monday 12/11/2006. If it all goes well production boards should be available in early January 2007. Check back here in a week for a progress report.

www.wulfden.org/PRC/

Rev 2.00 has Propeller Plug compatibilty, while retaining USB2SER use. Some hole re-alignment for easier construction. There will be an PRC I/O Daughterborrd which will have two PS2 ports and either a composite video port or a VGA port (builder's choice). Anybody have any more suggestions? Now is the time to speak up!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cheers ... brian riley, n1bq, underhill center, vermont
See the K107 Serial LCD Controller at
www.wulfden.org/k107/

Comments

• ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2006-12-10 17:58
    Brian,

That's great news. I just finished building my PRC 1.02 last night and I thought it was a very well designed board that was easy to assemble. The daughterboards sound like a great idea. In addition to composite video, VGA and (2) PS2 ports, I'd also add an audio output port. As you can see from this link http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=606294 it would consist of a 200 ohm resistor, and 0.1 uF and 10 uF capacitors plus an RCA phono jack.

The one other change I would make is to add a socket for the crystal to the kit. By leaving the crystal socket empty and the EEPROM socket empty, I was able to use the Propstick USB on the PRC board. The Propstick USB is powered from the regulated 3.3V from the PRC on pins 12 and 32 - same as the P8X32A-D40. You may also want to offer a kit less the Propeller chip, crystal and EEPROM for Propstick USB users.

Forrest