Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Experiments with renewable energy — Parallax Forums

Experiments with renewable energy

cclaud2cclaud2 Posts: 21
edited 2006-12-10 16:53 in BASIC Stamp
Would anyone that owns the parts to Experiments with Renewable Energy be willing to sell me the main components such as the wind turbine in order to complete the text.· Please, I am very interested in going through that tutorial and I·would really appreciate it if anyone was willing to sell me their parts that parallax no longer offers.· If anyone is interested please contact me at cclaud2@lsu.edu.· Thanks·

Comments

• manxstampmanxstamp Posts: 57
    edited 2006-12-10 16:22
    A short while ago the future of the Renewable Energy SIC course was discussed on the Stamps in Class forum; look up those messages. At that time, Parallax still had a few wind turbines for sale. I was able to find all the other parts from other suppliers, including eBay! The solar parts are sold as an·'educational solar energy·kit'·in various·packagings by consumer electrical stores or toy shops. The other parts, like the ADC,·can be obtained from electronic components sellers.

If there are no further vertical wind turbines available, there is a small·'windmill' type generator using a similar small 3-phase AC electrical generator advertised on eBay (just search for 'wind generator'); I attach a picture. This could be used in a similar way.

John

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Manxstamp,
    Isle of Man, British Isles
    500 x 379 - 43K
  • cclaud2cclaud2 Posts: 21
    edited 2006-12-10 16:53
    Thanks for the info.· I will check it out.