Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Replacement for MAX 4411ETP — Parallax Forums

Replacement for MAX 4411ETP

KovaKova Posts: 12
edited 2006-12-08 13:25 in Propeller 1
I would like to build an audio circuit for my PropStick, but it's hard for me to solder MAX 4411ETP in this package. Does anyone know any other IC that can be used with Propeller with existing SPIN code.
Kova

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-12-08 05:09
    The MAX 4411EPT just happens to be an efficient stereo headphone amplifier that runs off 3.3V. You could use any amplifier that takes a low-level (roughly 1-2V) audio signal and amplifies it for headphone or speaker use. The LM380 or LM383 are old mono speaker amplifiers that come in either TO-220 or DIP-8 packages. They need a 12V power supply. You may be able to find other, newer circuits that still come in DIP packages. Someone else may have more experience with newer ones that are still simple to use and come in the larger packages.
  • simonlsimonl Posts: 866
    edited 2006-12-08 13:25
    Hi Kova,

I'm trying to do the same as you. I've think a TDA2822M should be appropriate. Here's an overview:

A stereo power-amp designed for use in portable cassette players and radios. A 3V supply can be used to drive headphones providing 20mW in 32Ω per channel, and a 9V supply will provide 1W in 8Ω per channel for small loudspeakers.

HTH

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheers,

Simon
    www.norfolkhelicopterclub.co.uk
    You'll always have as many take-offs as landings, the trick is to be sure you can take-off again ;-)