Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
oem bs2 gerber file — Parallax Forums

oem bs2 gerber file

electromanjelectromanj Posts: 270
edited 2006-12-08 14:51 in BASIC Stamp
Hello, I need help. In the oem bs2 manual page 5 a rev b schematic is mentioned. It is a single layer board design in gerber format. I have downloaded the bs2 gerber files but are unable to read them. I read one suggestion on this forum·to download viewmate to read it. I did this but am still unable to read the file. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2006-12-08 04:35
    Viewmate will read these files - but you'll need to use it correctly. Launch Viewmate and select File - Import (NOT File - Open) - Gerber and select the gerber files, Note you'll only want to select the gerber files - some of the files in the .zip archive are not gerber files. The gerber files are .gd1, .gg1, .gpt, .gtl, .gto, .gts
  • electromanjelectromanj Posts: 270
    edited 2006-12-08 04:49
    ok, when I try to open the file I get a bunch of errors. Do I need to unzip the file first? The file I'm working with is called bs2gerber. Is this evan the right file? Igot it from the oem bs2 kit page.
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2006-12-08 09:58
    Yes,you need to unzip the file first before you can import it in Viewmate. I'm not aware of any program that can open a file while it's still zipped.
  • electromanjelectromanj Posts: 270
    edited 2006-12-08 14:51
    I got em'!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm clearly not a computer genuis!tongue.gif· Thanks for your help! I really appriciate it.