Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
pH Measurement — Parallax Forums

pH Measurement

John R.John R. Posts: 1,376
edited 2006-12-08 17:44 in General Discussion
Similar to this thread: http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=464998, I would like to use a Stamp/SX/Propeller to measure the pH of multiple aquaria.

I would like to use the readings to control a CO2 solenoid valve, as well as make the pH reading(s) available to data acquisition software (Stamp DAQ possibly) and to a PINKy.

Commercial units are available, but they are expensive, especially when multiple aquariums are involved. I am trying to reduce the "per tank" cost of adding to the collection of fish tanks. A commercial CO2 controller runs between $100 and $250 each. The systems that provide you to look at your aquarium data over the Internet start at about $450 or so, depending on the quality of the sensors (temperature, pH, etc.).

Has anyone ever gotten this (pH measurement) to work, and if so, could you share some specifics?

In addition to the links in the above mentioned thread, I've also been looking at some "hand held" pH meters with detachable probes that may have some conditioning built into the probe section, like this one: www.omega.com/Green/pdf/PHH3X.pdf

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
John R.

8 + 8 = 10

Comments