Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Connect both vss's and vdd's ? — Parallax Forums

Connect both vss's and vdd's ?

VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 3,414
edited 2006-12-07 18:04 in General Discussion
Hi all,

This question sounds like it should be obvious... sorry for asking!

The SX28 has 2 pins assigned for vss, and also 2 assigned for vdd.

Do we need to connect both on the production pcb, or just one of each is enough??

Trying to save 2 extra links here!

Thanks, Max.

Comments

• LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-12-07 17:55
    Well, current capacity is a function of wire size [noparse][[/noparse]or cross section]. When they made the surface mount SX28, they obviously shrunk the wire size from rather large pins.

So to really have the most power capactity available, you should connect both of each. Besides, in a surface mount device, one might be hard put to pick and choose which gets connected and which does not [noparse][[/noparse]unless you just cut off the ones you don't want].

In some case [noparse][[/noparse]like the SX48] there are 4 connections and they are radially opposed. This also allows for a noise reduction and RFI reduction scheme with very small capacitor values. Guenther pointed this out to me. If you really need a complete answer, I am sure he has one.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 3,414
    edited 2006-12-07 18:04
    Cool!

I will work harder at finding a way for the extra track to link up the vss's !