Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Jingle Bot. Christmas Idea for Parallax BoeBot. Bot playing "Jingle Bells" tune — Parallax Forums

Jingle Bot. Christmas Idea for Parallax BoeBot. Bot playing "Jingle Bells" tune

lurazovlurazov Posts: 1
edited 2006-12-07 15:35 in BASIC Stamp
This was the project submitted as a part of the Introductory Engineering class at Butler University. The idea of the project was that the robot would search for IR emmitter and navigate towards it, determining the strength of the signal and avoiding small obstacles, such as chairs, tables, etc by using whiskers. Thus, once the bot would bump into smth,it would perfrom some back up routine and redect the strongest signal. This idea was the perfect case scenario and it did not work due to lack of time and lack of a good IR constant signal emmitter.
What I endede up doing, is just putting a random roaming routine, so that the Robot roams around some enclosed area, avoiding obstacles and walls in search of IR signal source. Once it locates the source, it plays the "Jingle Bells" carol. ( You can program any tune you want as long you have notes for it ). It also lights up 2 LED's in the rhythm of the music.
Possible ways to improve:················· Include signal strength detector
···················································· Determine the routine to prioritize IR detection over whisker navigation
···················································· Perform some other more useful task rather than playing stupid tune once it finds the source of the signal

I am attaching the code. I know it's a bit sloppy, but it works. I will also try to attach video demo some time later.
Any suggestions and modifications are more than welcome. Please use the code to get your projects done or improve it in any way if you want. Just repost it here so that others see what your BoeBot can do