Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
music code — Parallax Forums

music code

Mr. RichardMr. Richard Posts: 51
edited 2006-12-07 18:27 in General Discussion
I am working through the WAM book and loving it. I am working on the sound chapter. Is there a place I can find code for songs that I can plug into a code? I am using the BS2.

Thanks for the help

Josh Richard

Technology Education Teacher

Spring Grove Area High School

Richardj@sgasd.org

Comments

• ZootZoot Posts: 2,227
    edited 2006-12-07 16:21
    Do you mean that you need code to make the music, or that you need the data that is the music itself (a score)?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- HST
  • Mr. RichardMr. Richard Posts: 51
    edited 2006-12-07 17:02
    I am looking for the score converted into code
  • YendorYendor Posts: 288
    edited 2006-12-07 17:05
    If you're talking MIDI, check out several of Jon William's Nuts & Volts articles in the download section of the Parallax web site.

"Gettin' Midi With it"
    "Mo Midi"
    "Even Mo' Midi" > for the SX

Rodney
    edited 2006-12-07 17:28
    I think Mr. Richard is talking about musical scores converted to notes, octaves, durations and dots for the WAM music engine.

I have a few scores that more or less follow the WAM music engine, but I changed the engine itself a bit so that the data is easier to sight "read" and to use fewer variables. I can post my version and my scores if you want.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Post Edited (Zoot) : 12/7/2006 5:36:25 PM GMT
  • Mr. RichardMr. Richard Posts: 51
    edited 2006-12-07 17:37
    That would be great. my students are looking building a bot and want it to play music. If it would be simpler you can sent it directly to me

Josh Richard
    Technology Education Teacher
    Spring Grove Area High School
    Richardj@sgasd.org
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2006-12-07 18:07
    I saved (attached) this a year or two ago.· I searched for it, but couldn't find the Subject it was in originally.· It was transcribed, if you will,·by Jessa Karlberg.
    edited 2006-12-07 18:27
    Mr. Richard -- I'll attach them here in case anyone else finds them helpful and so I can post revisions if I made any mistakes. There's two files -- one is data, one a slight revision of the WAM music engine. I realized I had changed that engine more than I remembered, since I keep my music on an external 4Keeprom. You'll need to copy the data over (and pick and choose). Music data gets long FAST. If you have one of the multi-slot Stamps, you can keep, say, 2k of music in one slot, or an outboard EEPROM, and read it over.

I edited the file to take out all the stuff related to my own particular 'bot, so hopefully I didn't make any errors -- it tokenizes, but I didn't run it.

The Mozart was transcribed by my partner so don't blame me smile.gif

Also, my own 'bot has an speaker with a frequency range of about 550hz-5800hz -- if you are using a piezo you may want to check the octaves in my scores -- the lower octaves are probably out of range for a piezo.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔