Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Homework Power Up Problem — Parallax Forums

Homework Power Up Problem

Joe FishbackJoe Fishback Posts: 99
edited 2006-12-06 20:53 in BASIC Stamp
I have been working to learn to code the Parallal Emic speek board running it on a HomeWork board. I had the demo program Emiv_TTS.BS2 loaded and running OK. I started to "cut and paste" various parts of the program to learn how to program the Emic. Some how I got a command "END" added·at the start of the program. Now when you power up·the HomeWork board the power light on the board comes on for a few seconds, then goes off. Therefore I can not load a corrected program. I have tried new 9V batteries on the board, but this does correct the problem. How can get the bad program that is loaded on the Basic Stamp off if I can not get the power to stay on?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
······ Joe Fishback

-Robots are my friends-

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-12-06 14:54
    The LED on the HomeWork board is not really a power indicator. It indicates that the Stamp is running something. When the Stamp executes an "END", the LED will go off as you've seen. This was done this way to conserve power. The board should still accept a download.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-12-06 15:41
    Joe,
    ·
    · Try disconnecting everything from the power and I/O lines and try your download again.· Perhaps something in the circuit is causing a problem.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • AImanAIman Posts: 531
    edited 2006-12-06 20:53
    If what Chris said doesn't work try downloading a different program and then reloading the one you want.